Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Holidays 2012


Happy holidays! Another year has come and gone. Yes, this blog is still on "sleep mode" while I finish my masters program at Berkeley. That means I don't have a set posting schedule.

This winter break, unlike last year, I have no plans to travel outside the United States. Instead, I'm just going to stay at home and play games. So far, I've played a lot of Civilization IV and League of Legends.

I also reinstalled Heroes VI and have been toying with it. I'm still not very happy with the way the game designers simplified the gameplay. There are simply too few resources, too few factions, too few maps, and too few creatures. I've finished both map packs (Danse Macabre and Pirates of the Savage Sea) and found them to be very well-written. However, never has it been more apparent that Heroes VI needs more interesting neutral creatures. 80-90% of the enemies on those maps are "elementals!"

Hopefully I can get around to finishing the Armageddon's Blade scenarios I've been meaning to write for the last year. I believe I still have to finish the Festival of Life (FoL).

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment